You Can Search if you Want to...

Custom Search

Thursday, August 26, 2010

To Whom it may Concern...

Funny how this particular salutation line never gets to the correct "whom it may concern". It happens with resumes, it happens with cover letters, it happens when clients fax information (normally it is the client's fault in that situation), but whatever the reason, it happens. In this case, it is happening because that is what I want.

A few months ago, something traumatic happened to me. A trust was broken, a bond was destroyed by someone who really just doesn't give a shit. Now, I don't know if this person's "not giving a shit" mentality bleeds over into all aspects of his personal life, to other people, his wife, or his children (and "frankly my dear, I don't give a damn") but what I do know is that he directed it at me and I took it personally. So personally that it disrupted my entire life, which is unfair (to say the very least) but the crappiest part? It didn't affect him. I don't know if he's emotionally retarded, or just plain stupid, but he didn't put two and two together until I got another party involved. Needless to say, he still didn't give a shit. Oh, the words were there, the polite smile-lips quivering with the words "why the eff are you still here?" tempting and daring me to fly across the table and fatten them.

Now, I know what you're saying, thinking, or screaming at your computer screen and I don't blame you. Without all the details this entry sounds like a "woe is me" spaghetti noodle lashing. What I will say is my reaction, my giving the situation the name Trauma, is not something I do lightly. Read my other entries...I can be mouthy, opinionated, abrupt...even bitchy, but none of my entries remotely paints a picture that I am a delicate flower or a fragile crystal shard that gets his feelings hurt at the word "Boo!". Realizing I was that distraught (I am not even kidding) was a shock to myself.

Now, how does one person's behavior create this kind of trauma? I dunno. First hand, I will say that it can. And if it does, first it will blindside you, and then debilitate you, until you force yourself to find out what the problem is.

So.

To Whom it may Concern,

ES&D

Sincerely,

Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment